BELIEFS & ORIGINS
The building was renamed Welcome Mission Hall by Esther Bell, and was registered for marriages in August 1909. We've retained the Welcome part of the name as it sums up everything we're trying to do in our local community.
The church building was opened in 1886 as the Gilbert Memorial Independent Baptist Chapel. The name commemorates George Gilbert (the 'Sussex Apostle') who founded about 40 Baptist churches in East Sussex.